- Technorati: reboot9
- Flickr: Photos tagged with reboot9
- 23hq: Photos tagged with reboot
- mefeedia: reboot9
- Jaiku channel reboot
- YouTube: videos tagged with reboot9
- reboot 9 group at Plazes
- reboot group at SlideShare
Notes from Thursday, May-31, 2007
TRUSTED SPACE - NATURE'S RULES – A Map for Social Enterprise and a More Human Society. Robert Paterson
A Duel Between Desktop and Web. Matthias Müller-Prove
HOW DOES HUMANS PREDICT THE FUTURE? Jesper Krogstrup
- create a share market with options on the future. e.g. "We will ship our product on time." vs. "We will not share our product on time". These shares can be traded and the resulting price is a good indicator about the actual state of the development process.
SOCIAL. Ross Mayfield
- A wiki can be build around 4 concepts
- People – the weakest approach
- Projects – better, just about 1/4 of a project gets documented. A wiki can improve this.
- Practices – eg. build a company gloassary.
- Business process – make it easy to create information on the fly
- People who hide information in a company should be punished. Those who share should be rewarded.
TRAVEL & SERENDIPITY – How personal informatics are engineering coincidence, lowering environmental impacts and forging a new golden age of travel. Matt Jones
MICROBLOGGING – Tiny Social Objects. jyri Engeström
- 5 principles for successful sites with social objects:
- be able to define your objects – eg. images at flickr
- define your verbs – what the users are doing with your objects
- make your objects shareable – permalinks, thumbnails to files, actual files
- Turn invitations into gifts – this supports viral aspects
- Charge the publishers, not the spectators
- What can disrupt blogs?
- needs to be simpler
- needs to be cheaper
Notes from Friday, June-1, 2007
FLOW: A NEW CONSCIOUSNESS FOR A WEB OF TRAFFIC. Stowe Boyd
- Humans build tools
- And tools shape humans
- It's a circle
QUANTUM HUMANISM – the grand unified theory of everything, anything and nothing at all. Dannie Jost, Adam Arvidsson, Oleg Koefoed
THE HUMANE INTERFACE – Past, present and future of interface design. Jesper Ronn-Jensen
NEWSPEAK – New technologies, new languages. Ben Blennch
What is a language? – A languange is a dialect with an Army and a Navy.
Attack of the ROFL-Copters
DAVE WINER – An interview with one of the participatory internet pioneers
- inventor of RSS
- RSS is for time-based content
- OPML is for more permanent content
- OPML can be used to exchage RSS-subscription lists.
- The future of OPML: Subscribe to somone's selection of feeds on a certain subject instead of collecting the feefs yourself.
- How do you get a new technology out. It is a chicken-egg problem and you need a bit of all parts. With respect to RSS David had a feed reader, a writer (his blog), and content (his blog)
- Otherwise you have to get it implemented by a major platform.
THE FUTURE OF APPLICATIONS – Desktop, Web or Widgets? Matthew Gertner
- Amazon's Jungle Disk
- Microsoft's Silverlight – Silverlight is a cross-browser, cross-platform plug-in for delivering the next generation of Microsoft .NET–based media experiences and rich interactive applications for the Web.
- GoogleGears to use GMail also offline
THEORETICAL MAN – being human right there with public man. Dannie Jost
- Odin's Disk
- Odin had a diskus with just one side. A man comes to steal the disk and knocked Odin down. Odin dropped the disk, and guss on what side the disk felt? … and became invisible forever.